Saturday, January 17, 2009

Dr. Horrible's just misunderstood

Man, you know, sometimes I just wish Neil Patrick Harris wasn't gay; he has a fantastic mouth on top of being pretty talented and I adore that he's lighthearted and embraces the cheesy side of life. But I guess the gayside needs fab guys, too, although it seems like they get their fair share, if you ask this hag. Well, whatever.

What I meant to post on (*quickly and succinctly* -- yeah right, I can't even remember the last time I did anything quickly or succinctly, but I digress -- which is just about status quo. Now... what was I saying?) was my latest discovery of Dr. Horrible and how much I like him and how he's just misunderstood and how I want to take him home and take care of him and nurture his burgeoning leadership skills (they're so obvious) so that we can have a prosperous and happy life together. (And Dr. Hammer, does, in fact, do a fine job of portraying the total tool that he is.)

Here, look (from Hulu):



I was out having dinner tonight with friends at North Bank (one of THE best places in Eugene to have a leisurely -- and I mean leisurely; service is always nice, but in my experience never fast-- and exceedingly comfortable, satisfying meal and/or good drinks, too), and also taking a break from my homework.

Did I ever mention about how much I'm procastinating on my homework this term? I just have a hard time getting into my business classes. I know, I'm the one who picked that minor, and I really only have 3 classes left in it, but they're just not that captivating to me. Ah well, hopefully it'll be useful info. I do keep reading professional level position job descriptions that talk about 6 sigma and whatnot, and it's cool that I even know what that means, but it just doesn't get me all riled up like the Ed. Tech stuff, but maybe that's a phase and/or lack of experience talking. Anyway, dinner...

So we had this lovely dinner with friends and my one friend mentioned this Dr. Horrible's Sing-along Blog online show and I LOVE IT! So, I hope that you love it, too. Go to the website or Hulu and get a full 42 minute eposide (actually, 3 - 13 minute episodes with about 30 secs of commercials in between, but certainly well worth it). And, if you can, support all of your artists, of course, and buy the damn thing. I'm going to try to, I can tell you that.

TTFN -- must get back to the stupid eminently enlightening homework.

2 comments:

  1. I can't stand Neil Patrick Harris. He bugs me for some reason I can't put my finger on. I have a list of celebrities I can't stand, for no particular reason, and he is so on it.

    But Jerrad watched one of the episodes. I peeked over his shoulder long enough to be impressed that the Cap'n was in it, but then I reached my fill of tolerance for Doogie and had to look away lest I go blind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe that's it. I'm already mostly blind, so it doesn't bother me. Maybe when I get the LASIK surgery in March I'll think differently. ;-)

    ReplyDelete