Sunday, February 22, 2009

Table Cake? Really?

So I was at the grocery store the other night and happened through the bakery department. This particular grocery store happens to have one of the best bakeries in town -- certainly the best of all the grocery stores.

I adore dessert so I always check out the goods, and *unfortunately* frequently buy something. There, sitting on a table, were stacks of cakes.

Lots of different kinds of cakes that were frosted, decorated 8" single layer rounds. They were labeled: Table Cakes (fitting, since they were cakes on a table).

But really? How come I've never heard of table cake? And what's the proper etiquette for them? Are you just supposed to keep cake out on the table all the time, now? I mean, I don't normally keep with social niceties, but hey, if it's cake then I might start!

Did I buy one? That's my secret...

;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment